Thank Goodness it is FRIDAY!
To kick off our fun weekend, my sweet friend Rebecca is coming to visit today! We haven’t seen Rebecca since May, and it is going to be awesome to see her. We have lots of fun things planned! Rebecca is coming to Raleigh this weekend to compete in the Special Olympics at the Fairgrounds. We are excited to watch her do her thing tomorrow!
Last week I missed posting Five on Friday because I was in Wallace with my family. We were celebrating the life of my Uncle Bill, who passed away two weeks ago this upcoming Sunday. This picture captures how Uncle Bill lived his life. Fearlessly.
If you live in North Carolina, you may have seen the Blue Cross and Blue Shield billboard advertisement that says: Live Fearless. Well, that is not grammatically correct apparently. Uncle Bill and Aunt Emily live next door to us, and while at home one weekend I remember having this conversation with Uncle Bill. I believe this man had more knowledge than Albert Einstein. If you needed to know something, he was the man to ask. If I were to ever go on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire or Cash Cab, he would definitely be my lifeline. Uncle Bill just could not believe that Blue Cross and Blue Shield would make such an error. He said in his deep voice, “It’s not fearless, but fearlessly.” As mentioned in his obituary, “Bill was a beloved member of the community and enjoyed sharing his beautiful bass voice through song and storytelling and often contributing his opinions and wisdom with quiet conviction.” This was Uncle Bill, and we are certainly going to miss his facts of life. Please continue to pray for my Aunt Emily, the boys, and our family.
So, today I have TEN fun things to share with you!
1. You know we all have days like this.
Well, I have found the perfect video to accommodate this truth. Click here. It’s a definite must see for all the mothers that don’t feel fancy anymore.
2. Who doesn’t love free ice cream? If you follow me on IG, you may have seen me post about the best ice cream shop in the world. Located in Raleigh, this upcoming Sunday [September 21st] is their Customer Appreciation Day! From 1pm to 4pm, they are giving away one free small ice cream to every customer! For the love of vanilla, chocolate, and cookie dough…run. This is seriously the best ice cream I have ever eaten in my life. It’s so FRESH. (no pun intended)
3. From cold to hot, who doesn’t enjoy a good cup of mojo with FRIENDS? Literally. The best television show of the century is celebrating its 20th Anniversary. Since I can’t just hop on a plane and go to New York City to see Central Perk in real life, I can pretend by drinking my Central Perk coffee at least. YES! For $6.99, you can pretend with me. You can buy the limited edition from Eight O’clock Coffee here.
4. You may have seen these scarves all over Pinterest or fashion blogs lately. Even, Mix and Match Mama, shared this David & Young scarf from Nordstrom on her IG yesterday! So cute, right? It just makes me happy. You know what makes me even happier? A bargain. Well, have I got one for you! Check out this plaid infinity fringe scarf for only $9.99!! Perfect for a Wolfpack game day. Mama is getting in style, y’all.
5. Speaking of fashion, I have been wanting a pair of Hunter Rain Boots for forever. While GMA was on yesterday morning, their Deals and Steals segment caught my attention! They shared these Roma Rain Boots for a 51% off deal! Unfortunately, this was a one-day deal and they sold out of my size before I could purchase a pair [red] of course. BUT! This will definitely be a purchase in my future solely because of the mission of Roma Boots: For You. For All.
“Roma is amor, and amor means love. Our mission is, ‘giving poverty the boot’ by bringing impoverished children hope, love and lasting change in the most sustainable and practical way. For every pair of Roma Boots sold, a brand new pair (with school supplies) is donated to a child in need.”
Check out this video to learn more about Roma Boots and how you can help!
6. This past week, I recently started reading Hands Free Mama in my quiet time. Talk about conviction! I’ll definitely be bringing this up in the coming days. In the meantime, you can purchase Rachel’s book in the link above or follow her blog here.
7. Shutterfly has saved my phone storage, seriously. Their new program, ThisLife, is awesome! AND if you sign-up now [until September 23rd] you get 50 free photo prints! For the free plan, you can store up to 2,500 prints [no video]. With ThisLife, it gathers your photos and videos from all of your devices and imports from favorites site. You are allowed access anywhere, and your photos are kept safe and secure! It is organized so you can view by timeline or map! Pretty sweet deal to me!