Happy Friday everyone!
We have a busy day and weekend ahead of us for our family! My cousin, Steven, is getting married tomorrow in our hometown. The girls and I came down yesterday morning, had some Stella and Dot fun with HCA teachers, and family time last night. I got caught up, and totally forgot about the season premiere of Scandal beginning at 9:00. I know, I am a horrible gladiator. You can just forget that I’ve been waiting three months to see where in the world is Olivia Pope? So, I’m sticking with the classic Thank Goodness It’s Friday. Not Thursday.
Here are five favorites from this past week, enjoy!
1. Mean To Me, Brett Eldridge [Acoustic Version] You can download it for free here.
The girls and I were running errands on Monday afternoon when I heard this song for the first time on the radio. This song made me think of the celebration we will be celebrating together as a family this weekend. Love this song, love this melody, and who doesn’t love a free download? You’re welcome!
And, for kicks and giggles. We are throwing it back to Christmas of 1992! You see that boy in the middle there? He’s the groom!
2. If you didn’t catch my post on consignment sales/ money saving tips you check it out here. Well, I have already another resource for us “thrifty” moms! Check out Cat’s blog on all things thrifty. She shares some amazing deals on baby equipment, clothing, and more. Her recent post was about a Melissa and Doug piano set. Originally $69.99, now $42. Love her site, and love her deals! Check her out!
3. I always love to hear an encouraging story in the news. It seems lately that you can’t watch the news without hearing about the turmoil in the middle east, domestic violence, kidnapping, stealing, drunk driving, etc. Well, this is your encouraging story for the week. It certainly made my heart smile!! Check out Matty B and Sarah Grace’s video here.
4. With the arrival of fall, I have been scouting out places for us to take the girls before it gets too cold. If you are in the Raleigh/ Triangle area, check out Green Acres Farm. Yes, I know. Green Acres. All the more reason to visit, right? With an $8 admission [children 3 and under-free], you are open to a corn maze, hayride, and pumpkin patch! Sounds like a fun October Sunday afternoon to me!
5. Just because this has been a long time coming… look what I got in the mail this week! This is by far my most favorite of favorites!! Diploma in hand, come to Momma!!
Have a great weekend y’all!